In search of a good NPC that will not break the bank? That's it.

I sold my beloved Nikon D70, after four years of use. I still miss. I bought a D40, but it never felt right. The picture quality is good, better than the D70, but I had to go through menus to do most everything (changing white balance, ISO, formatting the card, take your pick), while the buttons The D70 had dedicated. What makes the difference in terms of usability. Addition, the D40 does not even autofocus with my beloved 50 millimeters 1.8 lens. Are you kidding me? I returned the D40 after 3 days of use.

I lookind the D80, 40D, the D300, the XTI, and this. All good cameras (at the end of the day, all take excellent pictures). is the usability / sweet price / new features factor that counts. 40D and D300 are expensive for me (not pro). The XTI is getting old (still good though, and the price very good). The D80 is very good, an elder brother of my beloved D70, but still old: no sensor cleaning, Highlight Tone priority, it is bundled with a lens VR. You are actually buying a camera from 2006 to 2008. I do not like.

I found this XSI at Circuit City. She was just in my small hands. Had the most buttons I need to make changes quickly. I still have access to a menu to choose my white balance (the D70 has a button for that). Same format the card (button combination on the D70). Auto ISO is not as smart as the implementation of Nikon. Besides this, the camera is excellent. All other buttons are there. It has an RGB histogram (very important, which allows you to see if you are clipping individual colors). The picture quality is great. Very little noise (Canon's CMOS sensor is cleaner than the CCD Nikon D80), very nice skin tones (I take lots of photos of my daughter and my wife).

If the D80 has the same characteristics as this 2008 (Highlight Tone Priority, self-cleaning sensor, bundled VR lens), I would have won that. It 'still a great camera. This is just a 2008 camera with features found in semi-40D Pro and Pro 1DS.

I am very satisfied.
share on: facebook

Related Posts



0 comments: